Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vibration noise on my Swift

My Swift is having some vibration noise around bottom of the car especially during Air-con kick-in for the past few weeks...
The noise came out during the engine around 800+rpm
This morning I found the culprit and got it fixed for free... it is due to a loose bolt on the CAT converter to the holder.
I thought this is the culprit at first as I tried to push it with a rod and the noise is gone
This is the culprit - The bolt was loose and after tighten it... no more noise... yeah...

3 comments:

sprltzer said...

I have the same vibration noise when aircon kick in but duno whether mine has the same culprit or no. Your's the sound like "duk duk duk" when air con kicks in everytime?

sprltzer said...

I have the same vibration noise when aircon kick in but duno whether mine has the same culprit or no. Your's the sound like "duk duk duk" when air con kicks in everytime?

Koh said...

it happens on certain rpm... when the air con kick in... the engine vibrate more... then you can heard some metal hitting sound.... u try to listen where does it come from.... i used a stick to push the downpipe joint then no more sound... end up found out is the loose bolt of the CAT holder...