Sunday, June 7, 2009

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40

I decided to use Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 for my 10,000km oil change.
One of the reason is due to the SC is using Shell engine oil to service their car; and I don't want them to give some excuse of I using other type of engine oil and due to that reason they will not cover my engine warranty. I know they are talking crap all the time but it's ok... After the warranty period I'll probably say bye bye to them....
BTW I got really good offer from my friend to get this engine oil too.
SC is selling RM230 (they said 4.2 liter) crap story again.
Outside is selling RM209
I'm getting very cheap price (staff price) :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, what price you get??
i can offer you RM 179.

you can contact me at

guansern92@gmail.com

Koh said...

Thanks for the offer... but i dont use this rating anymore...

Casper said...

Hi Koh,

Fellow Swifter here. I'm at 30,000KM service now, considering which engine lubricant to use. Is this Shell Helix Ultra good? Or there are better ones you've used? I'm also considering Petronas Syntium 5000 0W30.

Any input from you is greatly appreciated.

Koh said...

I think the Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 is too thick... 5w-30 will be better for swift...
Petronas Syntium 5000 0W30 should be better than Shell Helix Ultra...