Thursday, August 20, 2009

Full Tank Mileage on last trip

Went to KL TT last Saturday and return back to Ipoh with one full tank of petrol (about 36 liter).
This time I able to break my previous record of 500km with 11km extra.
Total mileage of my car is 13,000km or 10 months old.
Driving style:
80% Highway 20% City
Ipoh to KL : Steady 90-110kph
KL to Ipoh : 90 - 130kph
I believe it able to achieve more mileage with steady 90-110kph (my leg was itchy sometimes)
Will try to break record next time :P

8 comments:

jimmy-aka-podz said...

36 liter for 500km? That's very good fuel efficiency. Compare to my ride, 36 liter will only gives about 350km. :(

Koh said...

It was done on highway only... your car got VTEC mah... got power sure a bit less FC loh... :P

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Mine is small vTec only. No power and high FC. T_T

Koh said...

Then you should find a big VTEC civic...
Swift no VTEC one... just VVT only... no power at all...

Vince said...

In case you may want to know... both vvt (dvvt) and vvt-i was designed to save fuel...
Only true B series VTEC which changes the physical cam profile is designed to make power.... So if you use B series... can forget about saving fuel....
But the Honda IDSI would be most efficient for fuel saving. In cruising condition it actually runs on 2 cylinder at at a time instead of 4 cylinder sequentially, this means it almost cut 50% of fuel when IDSI activated.

Koh said...

Thats why i said my car no power lo...
Only Big VTEC the most powerful...

Anonymous said...

hey Koh, did u break the 6k rpm on your Swift yet ?

Koh said...

Hi Anonymous...
Yes I did it few time before..
With full throttle the gearbox will shift gear at 6500rpm if not mistaken....
Since my ECU is stock it won't break redline 6500rpm...